Operating Room Integration
Pardee Hospital‘s surgical program, expertise, and facilities received national recognition for excellence in 2013. Pardee is dedicated to continuing to deliver this high level of expertise and quality to the region.
Advancements in technology are making today’s operating environments even safer and more effective. Pardee plans to take advantage of these advancements by integrating the latest equipment, lights, and computers to its 10 operating rooms.
These changes are already underway. Each fully integrated surgical suite will have:
- More space surrounding the patient to accommodate surgeons and staff.
- No cords and wires that could cause tripping or jeopardy to delivery of a patient’s medications.
- LED cool lights installed so that rooms can be warmer – better for patients and staff.
- An advanced camera installed in the lighting enabling photos to be taken throughout the surgery. Surgeons can refer to these photos later in the procedure and use them in their education of the patient post-op.
- Reduced shadows in the operating room, resulting in better viewing conditions for the surgeons.
- Highly visible screens accessible by all members of the team; essential for viewing key information or recording video.
- Central controls of all technology, easily controlled by one technician.
- Stabilized computer stations housed on special beams.
We anticipate having all 10 operating rooms completely renovated by December of 2015 and look forward to your support in those eﬀorts. Join us in crafting a new story for Pardee Hospital. Join us as we deliver advanced, compassionate care to WNC. Right Here. Right Now.