Pardee Hospital hosted an annual thank you luncheon for its junior volunteers. This year our volunteer base consisted of 45 students representing 13 local schools volunteering in 18 different hospital locations and departments.
At the end-of-summer thank you luncheon, they shared things they learned through the experience. Here are some of the things that our volunteers said they enjoyed:
- Helping patients
- Discovering new career opportunities
- Communicating with patients and visitors
- Being kind
- Getting to know the hospital staff
- Learning compassion
- Experiencing the hospital environment
- Working with other departments
- Making new friends
Karla Reese, manager of Pardee Volunteer Services said, “We appreciate their hard work, dedication and professionalism. MANY thanks to the students and the hospital employees who mentored them!