Pardee Hospital hosted an annual thank you luncheon for its junior volunteers. This year our volunteer base consisted of 45 students representing 13 local schools volunteering in 18 different hospital locations and departments.
At the end-of-summer thank you luncheon, they shared things they learned through the experience. Here are some of the things that our volunteers said they enjoyed:
- Helping patients
- Discovering new career opportunities
- Communicating with patients and visitors
- Being kind
- Getting to know the hospital staff
- Learning compassion
- Experiencing the hospital environment
- Working with other departments
- Making new friends
Karla Reese, manager of Pardee Volunteer Services said, “We appreciate their hard work, dedication and professionalism. MANY thanks to the students and the hospital employees who mentored them!
Pardee Hospital Foundation’s Volunteer of the Month for August is Michael “Flash” Gordon, owner/manager of Norm’s Minit Marts—
a business he has taken over from this father, the namesake and late founder. Always willing to participate, volunteer, and donate to local charitable events, Flash is a valuable friend of the Pardee Foundation. He and his mother, Marilyn, regularly support and attend many Foundation fundraising events.
During June and July of this year, Flash donated $1 for every Rain X carwash purchased at his Kanuga Road location, to Pardee Hospital Foundation. More than
$1,800 was raised.
Flash served in the military, has an interest in Vintage cars and is a board member for the Blue Ridge Humane Society. Norm’s Mini Marts have three Hendersonville locations—Spartanburg Highway, Kanuga Road and Dana Road.
See an example of how Caring Cent works in the graphic above before reading how to sign up!
Caring Cent is an easy and aﬀordable way to support Pardee Hospital. Each time you make a purchase with your credit or debit card, the amount will round up to the next dollar and the change from your purchases will be sent in your name to the Pardee Hospital Foundation. 100% goes toward patient care.
Here’s how it works…
- Go to pardeehospitalfoundation.org/caring cent.
- Click on the “Sign Up Today” button to the right of our page
- Click the “Support Pardee Hospital Foundation” button on our Caring Cent page
- Complete the online registration form.
- Select the bank that issues the credit or debit card you plan to use.
- Enter your bank’s online login information and follow the easy steps to link the card of your choice to round up all purchases made on that card.
- Use your card, as you normally do, and know that with every purchase on that card, you’re supporting the hospital through the Pardee Hospital Foundation.
- You can set a limit to the amount donated each month.
Perfect for the upcoming Fall Season, these natural, clean burning wax candles bring the aroma of apple orchards, autumn cider and small town charm to your home.
Purchase the large candle with wooden lid for $25, or the jar candle for $20 at either the Pardee Hospital Foundation office or at High Country Style 318 N. Main Street in Hendersonville.
All proceeds help to support continuing quality and compassionate care at your local, non-profit hospital.
Support Women Helping Women with the Purchase of a New York Times Bestseller by Kelly Corrigan
Corrigan is a mother, a writer, and the creator of CircusofCancer.org, a website that teaches people how to help a friend with cancer. She will be the keynote speaker at Pardee Hospital Foundation’s Women Helping Women luncheon.
You can currently purchase her books at the Foundation office. They will also be on sale at the luncheon on Friday, October 19. Following the luncheon, Corrigan will be available to autograph her book(s). All proceeds go to Women Helping Women—a program to support uninsured and underinsured women in our community.